1. There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.
2. Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.
3. Just as a candle cannot burn without fire, men cannot live without a spiritual life.
4. There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle.
5. We must view young people not as empty bottles to be filled but as candles to be lit.
6. It is better to light one small candle than to curse the darkness.
7. Absence weakens mediocre passions and increases great ones, as the wind blows out candles and kindles fires.
8. Better to light a candle than to curse the darkness.
9. You know you are getting old when the candles cost more than the cake.